Friday, May 13, 2005

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Paraskevidekatriaphobia, ah, the fear of Friday the 13th. Check out the link to the Wikipedia site - it contains the origins, effects and lists its occurances for the next 15 yrs. Even "How stuff works" has a section called How Friday the 13th works. In my 24 year old life, even I have had a bad experience on Friday the 13th. Around 10 or so years ago, on this very day there was a burglary at my house when none of us was home. Considering that I have had innumerable bad experiences throughout my life, the density of bad experiences on Friday the 13th is pretty low. Hence I can conclude that I have very less to fear of this day. And besides fridays are cool at the workplace because one can feel the weekend arriving.

Anyways, the biggest horror for me this Friday the 13th has been that DDLJ completes 500 weeks in the Minerva Theatre. Seems like the movie has inspired some real life love stories too! Yashraj films is planning to release the movie in muliplexes all over the country to celebrate the occasion. I often wonder how people can watch the same movie again and again. It's a different case if the movie is say Andaz Apna Apna, as Gaurav points out. But DDLJ - no comments. As I have said before, democracy it is, and everyone is entitled to their own choice.

Update: Looks like my blog has crossed the 1000th hit mark today. Not a bad Friday the 13th at all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home