Friday, May 06, 2005

Blind work

I have been very busy since I returned from home in "analysing" some programs and data at my workplace. I actually have absolutely no idea what I have been doing. One of my senior teammates has resigned and this guy wants me to take over his work. So I have been getting gyaan (Knowledge Transfer) from him and also working with him on a production ticket he has got. There was some problem with the application with one of the users six months ago and they were not able to replicate the problem ever since. But they hit paydirt last friday. And we have been going through tons of data (protection logs, i.e., before and after images of the database files) just to look for some connection. Today during lunch I told the other guy that there was something in the data I did not understand and asked him to look at it. And in the afternoon one thing led to the other and we now believe that we may have put our finger on the type of process causing the error. We will have to talk to the user on Monday to see if we are right.
But the point is that through this exercise, I have learnt to project any data within sight with a lot of gas about with I have no idea with a lot of certainty. I know that no one reading this would understand a single word. Thats exactly the problem I had been facing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home