Sunday, March 20, 2005

How Soon Hath Time

How soon hath Time, the subtle thief of youth,
Stolen on his wing my three and twentieth year!

Yes, I turn 24! Twenty three years of my life gone. All so soon.

My hasting days fly on with full career,
But my late spring no bud or blossom shew’th.

Twenty three is a special number for me. It was not only my roll number at college, but also the number with which the great Michael Jordan is associated. I hoped to achieve greatness in my twenty third year. But it was not to be. May be I was not ready.

Perhaps my semblance might deceive the truth,
That I to manhood am arrived so near,
And inward ripeness doth much less appear,
That some more timely-happy spirits endu’th.

The twenty fourth birthday is a truly memorable one, like the years that have passed. With India getting a victory in the Kolkata Test, even more memorable. Have been alone at home for the last couple of days, its all me, myself and I. Having these little conversations with myself ( and I of course). Will post my conversations sometime, may be in a day or two.

May be what I have been trying to achieve will come this year may be it will not, but I am sure, I gonna be twenty three till I die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home