Thursday, April 07, 2005

It never rains

When I was in school, I came across a proverb which I found hard to understand. It was "It never rains, but pours". Today I grasp its full import as I sit in the office at this unearthly hour.

As I have said before, I am shadowing for my PL, and there is a delivery tomorrow. While he enjoys life with his wife and kids at home, I sit here alone clearing up the shit, that too without food.

It has been a difficult day. The link has been down and I have had other interruptions from my PM asking me to help him. This help has been ranging from JPEG to PowerPoint to Excel to Word. I have realised that PMs have very less work to do apart from preparing stupid presentations and exploiting people like me.

And on top of that my PL keeps on reminding me that we have to finish up by today. Its a different thing that it will take most of tomorrow to finish.

Well, thats professional life. Got to take such days in the stride and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home