Monday, March 28, 2005

The great Indian card trick

Well, we did it again. Collapsing like a pack of cards. The Domino effect. Whatever you call it. It is with great agony that I have watched the famed Indian batting line up crumble under pressure time and again. Instead of playing their natural game, they go into a shell and lose their wickets to pretty ordinary deliveries. Such is my frustration that I don't have words to express it. Here was a series to be won and what do we do. We go all out and try to lose it to the best of our abilities. What is bygone is bygone and I don't look forward to the one day series.
Coming to other things, this holi was a sort of pilgrimage for me. Went to Shirdi, Shani Shinganapur and Nashik with six other friends. The trip was interesting. We planned to start at around eight on Friday and ended up starting at eleven. Reached Shirdi in the wee hours of Saturday and missed the morning aarti by a whisker. Watched it on the CCTV though, while standing in the queue for darshan. The best part was the cave temple in Panchvati and the Hundred Huts just outside Nashik.
It ended with me being coloured by the three monkeys who went with us. I shall have my revenge, in this world or the other. I don't need to administer myself an oath, 'cos "my word is as good as a promise!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home