Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Who is this Dhoni?

In the morning when I was having my breakfast in the office cafeteria, the TV was on and Dhoni was in full flow. One guy came in and asked who was batting with Sehwag. I told him it was Dhoni. He asked, "Who is this Dhoni?"
And when I told him that he is our new keeper and an explosive batsman, he gave me a dumb look.
After today's breathtaking knock, I hope everyone knows who Dhoni is.
I had seen him once representing India A in Nairobi. He seemed to me be a man who carried a swagger with him when he was batting. He was literally toying with the bowling, hitting massive sixes over the extra cover boundary, irrespective of whether it was a spinner or a medium pacer bowling to him. He was in a complete belligerent mood. I think he even got a century. Since then I have kept an eye on his domestic performances and have noticed that whenever he scores, he scores big and that too at a terrific rate. Hope this century is not just a flash in the pan and he will continue to impress.

Moving away from cricket, my dull life at the office has suddenly sprung to life, at least for a week. Some work has come up (I am shadowing for someone) and I am enjoying it for a change.

Update: The network people at my office have blocked sports sites. They say that they have installed websense. But I thoroughly enjoy my cricket coverage using my Mozilla Firefox browser! Seems that they have taken only half measures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home