Thursday, March 31, 2005

Games kids play

Yesterday I was returning from work in the bus. There was a pretty over-energetic kid sitting in the seat in front of me and we got into playing a game. Lets call it hide and seek of the eyes. First you look at the kid and the kid will smile. Then the kid will look away. You too look away. The kid will then cast a furtive glance at you and you have to catch the kid doing that and he/she will squeal in delight or will give you a sweet smile. Then you repeat the steps and keep on doing it. I don't know what is with kids and this game but I have played this game with kids very often and learnt that kids just love this game.
Another interesting incident I remember having with a kid was when I visited my maternal aunt's place in Mumbai last month. This kid (my maternal aunt's husband's brother's son's daughter, phew!) ran away from me. She was not even prepared to come near me. Then I went down and got some small toy cars for her. She was not even prepared to come and take them. She sneaked in surreptitiously when I was not looking and took the cars. Then I went into the room in which she was playing and I was most welcome there. She showed all her toys and the picture books she used to learn alphabet and numbers from, asking me the names of the animals and fruits depicted there. Indeed, kids learn to be bribed at a very young age!
Last week I was again in Mumbai and one of my cousins, who is appearing his 10th board exams, was down with fever. He had to go for his blood test. He is the youngest in the family in our generation and behaves like a perennial kid, though he is quite bright. Now, he mortally dreads pricks. We somehow managed to get him to the pathology and give his sample. And guess what we had to do? Very simple. We just had to buy him a cap and floaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home